SEMA: Chevrolet unveils custom '11 Camaros, Wins HOTTEST CAR AWARD
More Pics at LINK TO SEE EVEN MORE CAMAROS THAT MAKE MUSTANG LOOK LIKE SHIT
Quote:2011 CHEVROLET CAMARO RED FLASH SHOW CAR
The design of the all-new Chevrolet Camaro has been acclaimed by critics and celebrated by sports car buyers. With that appeal as a springboard, Chevrolet designers created the Red Flash Camaro SS Show Car to extend Camaro's look – and even its sound – to a new level.
Red Flash combines Chevrolet Accessory parts available today with some specially designed new concepts from the design studio, resulting in a unique new Camaro statement. Its Red Jewel exterior color is accented with gray heritage stripes and gray-accented 21-inch wheels. Under the hood, a Chevrolet Accessory air intake kit and, out back, the accessory exhaust kit, enhance the car's performance, style and sound.
"The Camaro Red Flash is the opposite of a 'sleeper' on the street," said Adam Barry, lead designer. "From every angle, it looks and sounds like the high-performance sports car it is. It's a model for the enthusiast who doesn't want to hide his performance aspirations."
It also wears Chevrolet Accessory body-color ground effects, high-wing rear spoiler with black-painted stanchions and other gray accents. A lowered suspension lends a more aggressive stance.
Inside, the Red Jewel features an Ebony leather-trimmed cabin with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats. There's also a custom steering wheel, racing-style pedals and red LED lighting for the door trim.
• Red Jewel color
• Heritage hood stripes in gray
• Chevrolet Accessory high-wing rear spoiler (body color with black stanchions)
• Chevrolet Accessory ground effects (body color)
• Chevrolet Accessory 21-inch wheels with gray inserts
• Camaro badges with chrome edges and gray inserts
• Body-color antenna
• Ebony leather with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats
• Prototype Chevrolet Accessory racing-style steering wheel with flat bottom
• Red LED lighting in door trim
• Red footwell and cupholder lighting
• Chevrolet Accessory racing pedal kit
• Chevrolet Accessory floor mats and cargo mat
• LS3 6.2L V-8 with Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
• Chevrolet Accessory air intake and exhaust systems
• Chevrolet Accessory engine cover in Red Jewel
• Chevrolet Accessory Hurst shifter with custom stone-color stitching on the boot and shift knob
2011 CHEVROLET CAMARO SSX TRACK CAR CONCEPT
Ever since the new Chevrolet Camaro's launch last year, owners have explored the performance potential of the car. The Camaro SSX Track Car is a concept for transforming a street Camaro SS into a closed-course track car, and a showcase for new performance parts.
"The SSX concept explores taking Camaro's excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "The car expresses Camaro performance while also signaling Chevrolet's new commitment to developing and offering a portfolio of performance parts for racing enthusiasts."
The Camaro SSX Track Car has a purposeful aesthetic, with exterior appointments and suspension modifications aimed at road course performance. They include carbon fiber aero parts – front splitter and adjustable rear wing – lightweight carbon fiber body panels, revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. The carbon body panels significantly lower the Camaro's weight, as does the elimination of much of the production car's sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.
Low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior paint is contrasted with the carbon aero parts, door graphics/racing number and red details; and this competition-ready Camaro rolls on dedicated track wheels and tires. This concept was constructed with input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.
• Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
• Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
• Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
• Unique lower grille and brake ducts
• Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
• Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
• SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
• Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
• Racing pedals
• Fire suppression system
• Fuel cell
• Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
• LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
• Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
• Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
• Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
• Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
• 20-inch racing wheels and tires
2011 CHEVROLET CAMARO XM/ACCESSORY APPEARANCE PACKAGE
The new Chevrolet Camaro is a major hit with consumers because of its blend of desirable power, efficiency and design. Another important part of the Camaro formula is value. Chevrolet developed the XM/Accessory Appearance Package to provide new accessory and appearance options customized for the popular and affordable Camaro 1LT model. A production version of this package will be offered in the spring of 2011.
"The XM Accessory Appearance Package is all about affordable style," said Russ Clark, director, Chevrolet product marketing. "Our intent was to create a special, customized model – including 21-inch wheels – that could be had for around $30,000, a popular price point for today's Camaro buyer before they add accessories."
The XM Accessory Appearance Package is based on the Camaro 1LT model with the standard 3.6L direct injection V-6 engine featuring 312 hp and EPA highway fuel economy of 29 miles per gallon. The accessory package includes a rear spoiler, unique grille and Chevrolet Accessory 21-inch wheels. When it goes into production in 2011, the package will include a one-year subscription to XM Satellite Radio.
The Camaro XM Accessory Appearance Package at 2010 SEMA displays both production and concept styling cues. The accompanying highlights chart identifies them.
• Imperial Blue color
• Rear spoiler (package content)
• Chevrolet Accessory grille (package content)
• Chevrolet Accessory 21-inch polished wheels (package content)
• Chevrolet Accessory Heritage body side graphics in silver (package content)
• Black cloth seats (production)
• Chevrolet Accessory interior trim kit in Silver Ice (concept)
• Chevrolet Accessory floor mats with gray borders and Camaro lettering (package content)
• 3.6L V-6 direct injection engine and available six-speed automatic transmission (production)
• V-6 cold air intake system (concept)
CHEVROLET CAMARO SYNERGY SERIES 2011
Chevrolet announced today that it will release a special-edition Camaro each year, called the Synergy Series, emphasizing new approaches to accessory parts and customization. At SEMA 2010, the Synergy Series 2011 show car debuts to showcase the car that will be offered to consumers in the first half of 2011 as a special-edition model.
The first Camaro Synergy model was the 2010 Synergy Green special-edition car. It proved so popular with consumers that Chevrolet is now making Synergy an annual series. The Camaro Synergy Series 2011 model contains a mix of exterior and interior accessories – including combinations not available on any other production model, including an exclusive gray interior with red accent stitching throughout. It is based on Camaro Chroma, a show car first exhibited at SEMA in 2009.
The Camaro Synergy Series 2011 model will begin production in the first quarter, in limited quantities.
"The Synergy Series reflects the strong response consumers have consistently had toward Camaro," said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. "At the same time it provides an example of how Chevrolet is renewing its commitment to expanding accessory offerings."
While the original Synergy was offered only in a single color (Synergy Green) and with the six-cylinder engine, the 2011 edition will be offered in four colors – Cyber Gray, Victory Red, Summit White and Black – as well as 2SS (V-8) and 2LT (V-6) trims with the RS package.
The Camaro Synergy SEMA Show vehicle is based on a 2SS model and displays production and concept styling cues. The accompanying highlights chart identifies them.
• Cyber Gray color (production)
• Chevrolet Accessory grille and ground effects package (production)
• 21-inch painted wheel (silver finish, optional for production)
• Body-color antenna
• Gray interior with red stitching on the seat, steering wheel, door panels, console lid, shifter boot, shift knob and headrest (production)
• Red instrument cluster and accent lighting
• Chevrolet Accessory interior trim kit in Silver Ice
• Chevrolet Accessory floor mats with red border and silver Camaro lettering
• Footwell and cupholder lighting
• LS3 6.2L engine and six-speed manual transmission (with 2SS only)
• Chevrolet Accessory Hurst shifter with red stitching
• Chevrolet Accessory engine cover in red
• Brembo brake calipers in red (with 2SS only)
• Pedders lowering kit (licensed Camaro accessory, not included in production package)
Quote:HOTTEST CAR, TRUCK AND 4x4-SUV ANNOUNCED AT THE 2010 SEMA SHOW
-- Chevrolet Camaro, Ford F-Series and Jeep Wrangler Named Winners
of the First Annual SEMA Award --
LAS VEGAS (Nov. 2, 2010) – The inaugural SEMA Award was presented to the Chevrolet Camaro for the Hottest Car, the Ford F-Series for the Hottest Truck and the Jeep Wrangler for the Hottest 4x4-SUV, during the 2010 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
New car and truck buyers have a choice. The ability to accessorize a vehicle impacts the decision as to which vehicle to purchase. The SEMA Award identifies the most accessory-friendly new models.
Show organizers relied on the trend-setting influence of exhibitors to determine the winners.
“A booth space is a ballot, and the models these exhibitors have selected represent their vote,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO.
The 2010 SEMA Show features more than 1,900 exhibiting companies. With more exhibitors showcasing their new products and styling trends on the Chevrolet Camaro, Ford F-Series and Jeep Wrangler, the SEMA Award winners are vehicles that consumers can confidently turn to for unlimited possibilities in personalization.
SEMA Show exhibitors manufacture thousands of products that improve performance, safety and convenience, as well as those that enhance appearance and comfort. While products are available for every make and model vehicle, exhibitors are investing more into the Chevrolet Camaro, Ford F-Series, and Jeep Wrangler than any other vehicle. Consumers, therefore, can expect to find more options for accessorizing these vehicles.